Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lake Crescent Lodge

(Posted by Yama)


Once again, I gotta keep this short. I haven't been sleeping well at all since I arrived in the USA, mostly due to jetlag and/or my mind being hyperactive at night. So I have to try to get some shut eye...

Anyway, I rode 60 km to the ferry terminal and actually made it there without really getting lost. And I arrived in plenty of time. The other three dudes beat me by about 10 minutes, but who cares? So I finally met Tom, too, which was nice.

We managed to catch the first ferry to Swartz Bay and then had a leisurely 35 km ride down to Victoria. We got there about an hour before our next ferry departed, so I walked around a bit and took some pictures.

We landed in Port Angeles, Washington, at about 5:30 p.m. and started our final ride of the day about 15 minutes later. It took us about 1 hour and 45 minutes to make it to our final destination, the Lake Crescent Lodge, so we rode in the dark for about a good hour, which wasn't that fun. We had actually planned to stay with a couchsurfer nearby, but since we couldn't confirm that, we decided to go ahead and make the reservation for the lodge. You know, that's just part of the way we have to do things on a trip like this. So it's not a big deal. The place is pretty nice.
Today was actually a "short" day. I logged in about 130 km, whereas the other guys, coming from Blaine, Washington rather than Vancouver, covered about 110 or 120 km...

Tomorrow we are hoping to cover way more ground, more like close to double what we did today. Our goal is Aberdeen, Washington, where we will be staying with a couchsufer, S.P.

What else? Oh, when we got to the lodge, there seemed to be a mixup with the reservation. We did get a room for the four of us, but there's a chance our reservation was actually for a Lake Crescent Lodge somewhere in Alaska, not here in Washington. Go figure. So we have to straighten that out tomorrow, since we paid for that, but that's no big deal. We're happy they had a room for us and that's all that matters right now.

Dinner for three of us was a burger. Joe went for the short ribs.

Oh, and it's pretty cold, but not unbearable.

OK, that's it for now. I really need to get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment