Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm in Vancouver!

(Posted by Yama)

First of all, don't believe a thing Jody wrote, except for the fact that we will get along great. I'm taller, better-looking, and smarter, plus my bike kicks his bike's butt any day. And no, I did not steal his brownie.

Anyway, now on to more important things. I just paid CDN 1.50 for 20 minutes of Internet time, so I'm going to keep this short. I took the 7:40 train up to Vancouver this morning. (Grazie moltissimo for the ride, Joe! No, not you Joe. The other Joe!) All went well. My bike and I made it just fine, first to the train station and then on to the Jericho Beach Youth Hostel where I'm staying. I didn't even get lost on my way to the hostel, thank goodness.

Tomorrow presents a slightly bigger challenge, as I have to get my butt to the Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal by 10:00 a.m. or so to meet the other three jokers who are riding with me. That's a pretty easy task, theoretically, except for the fact that I'm taking the long way. The short way means riding to the tunnel (can't remember the name), catching a shuttle bus through the tunnel (no bikes, yikes!), and riding the rest of the way. Piece of cake, but I don't wanna take no shuttle! So I'm heading out of here, going toward eastern Vancouver, crossing that other bridge that I'm allowed to bike across, and then riding over to the ferry terminal. Basically, instead of riding about 20 km or so(?), I'll be riding about 50 km or so(?). But heck, I'm supposed to be riding, not shuttling, right?

I was hoping to post some pix along with this article, but I don't have time. I gotta get to bed!

Oh, and today I hung out with a former student of mine from Gokase, which was really cool. Her English has improved like crazy in just the past 6 months since she arrived in America...

What else? Thanks to all those who are following along. Sorry if this was short, but heck, that's how it goes. We have plenty of long days ahead of us, so we'll try to post as much as possible. I will anyway. Jody can't type very fast, though, so don't expect to read much from him... jk jk jk...

Wish me luck for tomorrow morning! Then again, if things went as well as they did today on my 10 km ride, there shouldn't be any problems!

I'm outta here!

No comments:

Post a Comment