Sunday, October 24, 2010

"I'll give you Gold Beach...

... but I won't give you Brookings.

That's what one lady we came across today said to us. Well, she was wrong. Here we are in Brookings, one day late. Today was another wet and windy day, and it really took a lot out of me. Thank goodness, Jody is leading the way. I think the only way I'm going to make it all the way to TJ is if I stay on the Jody Express...

We had a nice dinner tonight, especially the amazing cheesecake for dessert. We guessed that we consumed about 3000 calories during that meal alone...

Tomorrow we are hoping to make it to Eureka I think... We are at least three days from San Francisco, but we cross into California tomorrow...

My odometer rolled past 1000 km today...

At one point today, during a pit stop for fuel, I noticed a gash in the sidewall of my front tire. Luckily, Jody has a spare tire, in case I need it. I should probably get a new one soon, however. Jody and I are also having some (hopefully only) minor mechanical issues with our bikes, mostly due to wear and tear, as you can imagine...

Tom may re-join us in SF...

That's all for tonight. It's not easy typing with one finger, but I need to get my beauty sleep, anyway. Oh... and if any of you feel like stopping by and giving us massages, we'll take 'em!

Later, Yama a.k.a. White Bread... (Don't Ask...)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

No comments:

Post a Comment