Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'd Rather Be ...

Since Jeremy has been appointed the journalist position for this adventure, you'll just get a short post from me (Jody).

Our ride started today in near freezing, 34 degree weather. My hands and feet were both numb, my face frozen, and my body ached. There was frost on the grass and the skies were dark. I was beyond miserable, this coming from a person who likes to suffer. I kept thinking "I'd rather be anywhere than on my bicycle."

It's strange how things change so quickly. Less than than two hours later, we descended a thousand feet, the temperature warmed up to 50 degrees, the sun was finding some holes in the clouds, and everything around me was beautiful. I thought to myself, "I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be than on my bicycle."



Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4

No comments:

Post a Comment