Friday, November 12, 2010

More Pix, Days 7 & 8: Brookings - Eurkea - Laytonville


















Here's another milestone, as we crossed into California shortly after leaving our night's lodgings, the Blue Coast Inn & Suites ($51.36) in Brookings. (9:35 a.m.)














When I tell Jody to slow down, he doesn't necessarily listen, but at least he's a law-abiding citizen...














When I looked at the menu before ordering a late breakfast (11:00 a.m.), I said to Jody, "I must be back in civilization." Why? Two words: Buckwheat pancakes. I don't think you can get buckwheat pancakes in Japan.











Here's the scene, about two hours post pancakes. It's not looking so good, is it? That explains why I didn't take any more pictures until we arrived at our destination in Eureka.














And here we are, seven hours later, enjoying a lovely dinner, thanks to our gracious host Jeanette! Notice how we three stooges are all wearing the same kind of V-neck. That's what happens when you put all your clothes in the laundry, and by "all your clothes" I mean the same shirt you've been wearing night after night after night... Toothbrush and a credit card, folks. Toothbrush and a credit card.














Thankfully, when we woke up the next day, we were greeted with bright sunshine. This is us, about an hour into the day's ride, at 9:35 a.m.
















As I mentioned in the day's blog, this was Joe's day to get punk'd. Oh, and it's not a cup of tea changing a flat with cars zooming by you at 65-70 mph. Anyway, here's flat number 1, at 11:00.













Flat number 2, at 11:15.














And flat number 3, at 11:40.














Here's a look at one of the more scenic roads we had the pleasure of riding on. (4:45 p.m.)














An hour later and it's getting dark.













At 6:00, I rolled past this sign, signaling the end of another day's work. This happens to be Jody's favorite place in all of California. Make that, the United States. Make that, the world!














Gosh, darn it! I love my knife... And I love you, too, Boomers... Thanks so much for the delicious, inexpensive, and filling meals... NOT!


















Jody's attempt at creating his very own Leaning Tower of Peanut Butter Sandwiches...

No comments:

Post a Comment