Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Matter of Hours

Almost every day for the past two weeks, I've been converting miles into kilometers and kilometers into miles, always trying to figure out how far I still had to pedal before I reached my destination.

Now that we are in La Jolla, however, there is no need for me to think in such terms. Instead, I am now thinking in terms of hours.

We only have about three hours of riding to go and then our long, epic journey will be over.

It's really hard to believe!

Once again I am falling asleep as I type, so I will just give you a brief summary of today...

Flats: none! Weather: fantastic. Route: mostly flat. Distance covered: 222 km or about 140 miles. Food: good, but we ate less than "normal." Clip crashes: 1.5 (Joe). World Series pitches seen: 2 -- the final two! (That's what we call: perfect timing.)

I hope you got a chance to go back and read the updated story about the brutal storm we rode through. I also added a few pictures to some of the other posts, but tonight it's back to using the phone to type...

If you can believe we are about to finish this epic ride, let me hear you say "Whoop! Whoop!"

Good night!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4

1 comment:

  1. Whoop! Whooop!! Whoooooop!!!!!.........

    Congraturations,
    Great epic riding adventure!!!

    I've read your stories and felt feeling be with You Three J s!!!

    Next time epic event of future I wish I'll be with you...

    Thank you very much...in your sucesses.

    Young Man Hwang in Korea

    ReplyDelete