Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thanks Everyone! I'm Audi!

Well folks, this is going to be my last post to this blog.

I've really enjoyed sharing the pictures and stories with you, but I've run out of things to say (or perhaps it's just time to move on?), so this blog is, in the immortal words of Jody, "doneski."

 Before I sign off for the last time, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who made the "epic" ride a success.

First of all, I have to thank my fellow riders, Jody, Joe, and Tom.

I'd also like to thank all of our lovely hosts for their gracious hospitality:

Sue, Joe, and Sam in Seattle (Joe's sister and her family);
Stephen in Aberdeen (via couchsurfing);
Sarah in Cannon Beach (via couchsurfing);
Jeanette in Eureka (Joe's friend);
Richard and Olga in Santa Rosa (Jody's friends);
and Laura and Lawrence in Brentwood (Jody's friends).

I also have to thank my beautiful cousin Rivka for taking some time out of her busy schedule to come hang out with us in Petaluma.

And of course, I have to thank Paul, Jenny, Josh, and Rachael for taking such good care of me in San Francisco.

Thanks also to Michael (2009 RAAM solo finisher) for loaning that monster light to Jody. Believe me, it helped! A lot!

A big high-five as well to Lily for picking us up in TJ! That saved us a ton of hassle!

I'd also like to give a final shoutout to the other many fine people we met along the way: on ferries; on bikes; in cars; in restaurants; in bike shops (specifically the gang at Dave's Bike Shop as well as Mo at San Diego Bike Shop; in hotels and motels; in convenience stores; and everywhere else. You know who you are.

And, last but not least, I also want to thank everyone who followed the blog in any way, shape, or form, in the US, Europe, and Japan, or anywhere else you were/are. It was a lot more fun for me to keep writing knowing that you people were out there reading this thing.

Thanks for the memories!

Until next time...

White Rice is Audi!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Tom, Jody and Jeremy, for joining me on my adventure. Next time, I plan to ride from North Point of New Zealand to South Point. Maybe next fall.
    Interested in joining me another of my epics?

    ReplyDelete